Your Guide to the 2019 Fest
Quick Links to Documents to Download
All venues are handicapped accessible.
Accessible portable bathrooms for those attending outdoor shows are located:
- Outside the Rochester Regional Health Club Pass Big Tent on East Main for people attending shows in the tent.
- The Kilbourn Hall alley, between Gibbs St and Swan St, bathroom area
- For Chestnut Street and East Avenue stage free shows Friday and Saturday (on Chestnut)
- Near Midtown Stage on Parcel 5 ( for Friday, June 29 and Saturday, June 29 concerts only)
Courtesy of our presenting sponsor, M&T Bank, ATMs are located in several locations around the festival. See the map for exact locations.
BIKE RACKS & BIKE SHARE
You may park your bike in racks located in the parking lot of the Rochester Regional Health Big Tent at the corner of Main and Chestnut.
- Euclid (near Parcel 5)
- Elm and Clinton (near Parcel 5)
- Main & Scio (adjacent to Hatch Recital Hall)
- East Main & Franklin - Liberty Pole Plaza (near Temple Bldg Theater)
- East & Winthrop (near The Little Theatre)
- East & Alexander
- Chestnut & Court (near MLK Park)
- Woodbury Blvd (near Geva Theatre Center)
BUS ROUTES - REGIONAL TRANSIT SERVICE
- Rochester’s East End can be directly accessed from several east side transit routes, including 31 Park, 33 Goodman, 38 East Main, 48 University and 57 East.
- The East End is a short walk from the RTS Transit Center, where all bus routes stop. Many routes run until midnight or 1AM, making an evening out without the hassle of parking an easy option.
- Visit myRTS.com for more information and to download the Where’s My Bus? app for real-time bus arrival info on your smartphone from Google Play and the App Store.
FIRST AID TENT
Provided by Rochester Regional Health. Located outside the Merchandise Tent on Jazz Street near East Main St.
INFORMATION | PROGRAM GUIDE | BROCHURES | SCHEDULE | QUESTIONS
- Jazz Fest Ticket Shop at 100 East Avenue, opens June 3. Hours are 12 Noon to 5 p.m. through June 20th, Monday - Friday. During the festival the Shop is open from 10 a.m.. to 10 p.m. daily. Call (585) 454-2060
- Download the official App! for iPhone or Android
- Pick up a free brochure and program guide at any venue during the festival or at the Ticket Shop during the festival.
- Download our Festival Map
- Shuttle Stop Map
- Sign up for email news
- Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
Official hotel, Hyatt Regency Rochester, 125 East Main Street, Rochester, 585-546-1234
- Special Jazz Fest Package! $209 rate is inclusive of two 1-day Club Passes plus breakfast for two.
- To make your reservations, please click here:
- If you need additional assistance, please contact the Hyatt Regency at 877-803-7534.
- If the group rate is no longer available, prevailing rates may be offered for some or all of your dates.
Other Hotels Close to the Festival
LOST & FOUND
DURING THE FESTIVAL: Please go to the Ticket Office at the corner of 100 East Ave. Open 10 AM - 11 PM daily during the festival. Write your name and cell number on your Club Pass so that you can be notified if lost.
Get official posters, apparel, portable seats, and other great gear are available in the Merchandise Tent on Jazz Street (Gibbs St.) during the festival. Limited items also available online. Open 4:00-11: 00 PM daily.
RIJF is held in downtown Rochester, NY in the East End Cultural and Entertainment District. All venues are within walking distance of each other so park once and walk to everything.
The Festival does NOT operate any parking but there are many surface lots and ramp parking garages conveniently located near festival venues. Fees vary.
Please note, many side streets will be closed.
Please read the signs and make sure that parking is allowed wherever you are parking. Many lots are private for the use of their patrons only, so cars will be towed. The Festival cannot take any responsibility for people who park illegally.
- East End Garage, 475 Main St. East, Rochester, NY. Special event parking rates apply. $7 pay upon entry to the garage Saturdays & Sundays. Weekdays, $7 pay upon entry starting at 3 p.m. (585) 428-6870. Use Scio Street entrance.
- Midtown Garage, Entrances are located on South Clinton Avenue, Court Street, and East Broad Street. (585) 295-9500) Daily Rates: first two hours: $2, each additional hour (or any part of) add $2/hour up to $10 daily max
- Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14607. First two hours: $2, each additional hour or fraction: $2. Daily maximum: $10. Saturdays and Sundays free. (585) 232-3810
- South Avenue Garage, 39 Stone Street, Rochester, NY 14604. First two hours: $2; Each additional hour or fraction: $2; Daily Maximum: $10. Saturdays and Sundays $6. Free for Jam Sessions attendees from 10:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. courtesy of the City of Rochester.
- Sister Cities Garage, 28 N. Fitzhugh St., Rochester, NY 14614, first 2 hours: $2, each additional hour (or any part of) add $2/hr up to $10.00 daily max, weekends $7 (Special Events)
- City of Rochester On Street Metered Parking - Parking meters are in service from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Free after 6 p.m. and on weekends.
The use of cameras (still, video, cell phones) and recording devices are strictly prohibited at all indoor concerts at RIJF. Photography is permitted only by credentialed photographers in designated areas. Concertgoers are asked to please abide by these guidelines out of respect for the artists and others in the audience. Anyone not abiding by these rules will be asked to leave the venue.
Restrooms are located inside every venue. There are also portable bathrooms outside of the Rochester Regional Health Big Tent, the alley adjacent to Kilbourn Hall, along with the Avangrid/RG&E Barclay Damon Fusion Tent, and on Chestnut Street during the Friday and Saturday concerts.
- Hyatt Regency Rochester on East Main St.
- Geva Theatre Center on Woodbury Blvd.
- M&T Pavilion (Parcel 5) on East Main St.
- Temple Building Theater on Liberty Pole
- Lutheran Church on North Chestnut St.
- Christ Church on Scio St.
- Headliner show and Club Pass tickets if still available – purchase online at rochesterjazz.com, or visit the Jazz Fest Ticket Shop at 100 East Ave open now through June 22 from 10PM–5PM and daily during the fest June 22 - June 30 from 10AM–11PM.
- Club Shows – enter with the Club Pass or $30/$35 cash only at the door. First-come, first-served for everyone, no reserved seating, no advance sales. Redeem your Club Pass ticket before you attend any shows at Ticket Shop as soon as it is open in June and during the festival or in the Merchandise Tent during the festival. Tickets cannot be redeemed at venues. See tickets for more info.
- Free Shows – no tickets required, all shows rain or shine.
- Ticket Shop - located at 100 East Ave Hours before the festival: Dates and times to be announced. Hours during the festival: open June 22 - June 30 from 10am-11pm.
For information on things to do during the day while you are in Rochester see
- Visit Rochester Official Tourism Website
- I Love NY
- Explore Rochester Guide
- City of Rochester
- Visiting Monroe County
- Greater Rochester Airport ROC
- Visit the Finger Lakes
- Journey Magazine - Official Guide to Great Lakes Seaway Trail
WHAT TO BRING
- For free shows, you can bring lawn/stadium chairs
- Your tickets and Club Pass! (Please write your cell number on your pass.)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Pets, Coolers, and Food