Thank you for your interest in covering the 19th Edition CGI Rochester International Jazz Festival June 17 - 25, 2022.
To apply for media credentials please:
- Please review the media guidelines below.
- We provide two types of credentials: Photographer Credentials and general Media (reporter) Credentials.
- Complete the form below including the headliner request if applicable by Friday, June 3
- Approved media will be notified by June 8 & receive instructions on how to pick up badges.
- Credentials will be issued the week of June 13, no sooner.
- Please complete a separate form for each working journalist from your organization.
Guidelines (Download PDF)
Who May Apply for Credentials
- Credentials will be provided to working journalists who work for recognized media outlets in accordance with space availability.
- Due to the demand for credentials and the need to abide by festival, artist and venue guidelines, the Festival reserves the right to issue and/or deny credentials at any time and to request copies of past coverage if we are not familiar with your work.
- A separate form must be completed for each working journalist assigned to cover the festival from your organization.
- Due to capacity, we reserve the right to limit the number of media passes issued per organization.
- Credentials are not transferable.
- Freelance writer/photographer applications will not be considered without an official letter from the editor of the publication/media outlet confirming that it has retained you for a specific assignment to cover the festival, review a concert and produce a story or photo coverage.
- Credentials are not provided to representatives from aggregator websites.
- Requests from bloggers are reviewed on a one-by-one basis but are generally not approved unless the blogger is employed and has a confirmed assignment by a recognized media outlet.
- We do not accept requests from photographers not on assignment from a recognized media organization. We do not provide access to photographers for personal, website or spec work.
- Due to capacity, we cannot issue media credentials to family members of media, or members of the media who work in sales, production or other non-reporter/photographer/working journalist roles.
2022 Media Guidelines
Media Contacts: Dalmath Associates
Amanda Antinore | email@example.com (585) 729-7533
Jean Dalmath | firstname.lastname@example.org (585) 755-6911
Please read and share with those in your organization covering the festival.
- Please wear your badge all times.
- Media access is for working media only.
- Entry will not be granted without a badge.
- Media Badges are not transferable.
- Access is subject to change at any time according to artist requests.
- Credentials will be revoked for anyone not abiding by these guidelines.
Media Access at Club Pass Venues
- Media and Photo Credentials provide access to all 11 Club Pass venue shows. Access is first come, first served. In most venues, there are no reserved seats for media.
- Please arrive early if you want to get in.
- Photography – with photo badge only.
Photo Access at Kilbourn Hall at Eastman School of Music
- Please see a Jazz Fest PR Rep or usher in the lobby to be directed to photo areas.
- Photography allowed for first number only.
- No flash or lights allowed at any time.
- No reserved seats for media. If you have a special need, please let us know.
Photo Access at Hatch Hall at Eastman School of Music
- A limited number of seats are reserved for media and held up to 10 minutes before showtime. After that, the seats are released.
- Please go to the head of the line and see an usher to be directed to a media seat. First-come, first-served.
Media Access for All Other Club Pass Series Shows
- No reserved media seats. Please arrive early and wait in line.
- Photos limited to first 1-2 songs; no photos/video allowed during an entire show.
- No flash or lights allowed at any time.
- Capacity is limited in some venues so please arrive early.
- Out of respect for patrons, please do not block their view.
- Artists have the right to prohibit photos, as it can be distracting to their concentration during a performance, so we appreciate your cooperation.