Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival 2016 Club Passes Go On Sale Friday October 23 at 10AM! -- Two Options This Year! Traditional 9-Day Pass and New 3-Day Pass! -- New Venue and New Series Also Announced
October 20, 2015
ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- October 20, 2015 -- The Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival's (XRIJF) 15th Edition Club Passes go on sale Friday, October 23 at 10:00 a.m. with an added option this year, a new 3-day Club Pass. The 2015 festival will be held over nine days from June 24 - July 2, 2016.
This year Club Pass buyers have two options, the traditional 9-day Club Pass and a new 3-day Club Pass. The Club Pass is a value pass to discovery offering convenience, a savings off regular at-the-door admission and the freedom to sample 25+ shows a day and more than 230 Club shows at 13 venues during the festival.
The traditional 9-day Club Pass early-bird price remains the same as last year, $174 plus $6 service charge, $8 if mailed. The 9-day early-bird pass price is good until 12 midnight, December 31, 2015 and represents a $30 advance purchase savings off the regular price, which will increase to $204 plus service charge on January 1, 2016. The 9-day Club Pass early bird price has remained the same for three years.
The new 3-day Club Pass early-bird price is $134 plus $6 service charge, $8 if mailed now until midnight December 31, 2015. The pass increases to its regular price of $154 plus $6 service charge on January 1, 2016. Only a limited number of 3-day Club Passes will be sold. The new 3-day Club Pass offers patrons the opportunity to use the pass for unlimited access to shows on any three days of their choice during the festival
Entry to shows is first-come, first-served.
Single entry to any Club Pass Series show without a 3-day or 9-day Club Pass will now be $30 cash at the door for all venues, $35 at Kilbourn Hall. This is the first increase in admission prices at the door in eight years.
The fastest and easiest way to purchase Club Passes is online at rochesterjazz.com via XRIJF's secure e-ticketing system. Customers may also order Passes by phone at (585) 454-2060. For complete details on the Club Pass see http://www.rochesterjazz.com/php/ticket_info.php .
Also New in the Club Pass Series for 2016
- The Squeezers stage will move to the larger 900-capacity club "Anthology" at 336 East Avenue at the corner of Lawrence Street in Rochester's popular East End. Two sets will be presented nightly at 7:30 and 9:30 PM.
- A new "Oh, Canada!" Series will be presented at the Rochester Club featuring two performances nightly at 6:00 and 10:00 PM by leading emerging artists from across Canada.
- Kilbourn Hall show times will now be 6:00 and 9:00 PM.
- A new system using wristbands will be implemented at two venues, Kilbourn Hall and Max, to help reduce the time patrons spend in line. Instead of having to wait in line until doors open, people can enjoy other shows, or get food and beverages. Complete details will be announced closer to the festival.
The 6:00 PM shows at the Rochester Regional Health Big Tent will remain free to the public and will feature regional big bands. And for the second year, shows will be presented all nine nights at the Harro East.
Marc Iacona, Producer and Executive Director said, "As we approach our 15th year, we are excited to announce new and exciting options for our dedicated jazz festival fans. In addition to bringing a new venue into our lineup, we are adding the new 3-day Club Pass. We will also be testing a new system with wristbands at two venues - Kilbourn Hall and Max - that will reduce the amount of time people need to stand in line for shows. Both the 3-day Pass and a solution to the lines are suggestions from patrons so we are pleased to offer these new options this year."
"We hope our audience will enjoy the wide range of artistic excellence we are planning to present in 2016," said John Nugent, Producer and Artistic Director. "We've already received thousands of artists suggestions and submissions from around the world. Our goal is to secure a diverse mix of performers from all genres of creative improvisation, to provide audiences with music that delivers the highest peaks of inspiration and aural delight. I'm confident that our 2016 Club Pass Series will delight audiences."
The 2016 full Festival lineup will be announced in late March 2016.
Electronic press kit submissions from artists/managers for consideration for the 2016 lineup are due no later than November 1, 2015. No submissions will be considered past that date. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
230+ Shows at 13 Club Pass Series Venues in 2016!
1. The Lyric Theatre, (440 East Avenue)
2. Christ Church, (141 East Avenue)
3. Harro East Ballroom (155 North Chestnut Street)
4. Hatch Recital Hall, Eastman East Wing (433 E. Main Street)
5. Kilbourn Hall, Eastman School of Music (26 Gibbs Street) (now 6 and 9PM)
6. Little Theatre (240 East Avenue)
7. Max of Eastman Place (Gibbs Street)
8. Montage Grille (50 Chestnut Plaza)
9. Reformation Lutheran Church (111 North Chestnut Street)
10. Rochester Club Ballroom (120 East Avenue)
11. Rochester Regional Health Club Pass Big Tent (Main Street & Gibbs Street) (3 shows
nightly, 6:00 PM show Free)
12. NEW Squeezers Stage at Anthology (336 East Avenue at corner of Lawrence Street)
13. Xerox Auditorium at Xerox Plaza (100 S. Clinton Avenue, entrance on Broad Street)