XRIJF 12th Edition Starts Tomorrow!
June 20, 2013
Are you ready XRIJF fans? The 12th Edition of the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival is finally here. It all starts tomorrow!
- 1200+ artists from 17 countries! | 19 venues
- 300+ shows including 81 FREE shows
Headliner Shows - Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre
- Tickets available for Pink Martini, Roger Hodgson, David Byrne & St. Vincent and Peter Frampton's Guitar Circus.
- illie Nelson and Sanborn/James & Gadd concerts are SOLD OUT.
- Buy tickets online at rochesterjazz.com, at the Ticket Shop at corner of 100 East Ave and Gibbs St. Open 10AM - 11PM daily during the festival, (585-454-2062), or at the door.
- Will Call is at Eastman Theatre Lobby.
Club Pass Shows
- Buy the Club Pass online at rochesterjazz.com or at the Ticket Shop at corner of 100 East Ave and Gibbs St. Open 10AM - 11PM daily during the festival, (585-454-2062), $194 plus service charge.
- Exchange Club Pass tickets for Passes before getting in line to attend any show at the Festival Ticket Shop - Corner of East Ave & Gibbs St., the Kiosk at the Corner of Gibbs Street and Main St. (4PM - 10PM) or the Merchandise Tent on Gibbs Street (4PM - 11PM). Tickets cannot be exchanged for passes at venues.
- Admission to Club Pass shows is with the Club Pass or $20/ $25 (Kilbourn Hall) cash only at the door, no advance sales for individual club pass shows. First-come, first-served for everyone!
Free Shows - No tickets required, all shows rain or shine. Friday is a big opening night for free shows including Dr. John! sponsored by Wegmans!
Special Events & Activities!
- Friday 7AM - 9PM, Wegmans' chalk artist will be doing live drawings in two locations on East Ave - in front of the Chestnut St. Stage and the Ticket Shop!
- Xerox House of Grooves, Merchandise Tent, all 9 days!
- Xerox Be Moved JazzCam, 5-10 PM, corner of Chestnut St. and East Ave., all 9 days!
- Get health information at the Rochester General Booth on Jazz Street, all 9 days!
- Official Jazz Fest Gear - buy in Merchandise Tent, Jazz (Gibbs) St. Apparel, portable seats, official posters and more!
- Donate unused Instruments for City School Students, 5-8 PM, Merchandise Tent, all 9 days!
- Relax in the Conceptual Garden Outside the Unity Health System Big Tent, all 9 days!
Get Information & Updates
-Brochures & programs available at every venue and Ticket Shop
-Street Closings, Parking, Shuttle Service, Food at the Fest - See http://rochesterjazz.com/php/travel.php
-Get the official XRIJF Apps
-Festival Photos - see daily! http://rochesterjazz.com/php/festival_photos.php
About the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival (XRIJF)
The nine-day Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival presented by M&T Bank was founded in 2002 and is produced by John Nugent, Artistic Director and Marc Iacona, Executive Director. This year's 12th Edition, June 21-29, will feature a diverse and eclectic performance roster of 1,200-plus artists performing in more than 300 concerts including 81 free shows at 19 venues. The 2012 Festival drew more than 187,000 music lovers to hear some of the finest artists in the world perform.