ust nThank you for your interest in covering the 2017 Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival June 23 - July 1.
To apply for media credentials please:
- Please review the media guidelines below. Please note some procedures have changed.
- We provide Photographer Credentials and general Media (reporter) credentials.
- Complete this form by Friday, June 9
- Credentials will be issued the week of June 19. Approved media will be notified the week of June 12 & receive instructions on how to pick up badges.
- Please complete a separate form for each person from your organization.
Who May Apply for Credentials
- Credentials will be provided to journalists in accordance with space availability to members of the media who work for recognized media outlets.
- Due to the demand for credentials and the need to abide by festival, artist and venue guidelines, the Festival reserves the right to issue and/or deny credentials at any time and to request copies of past coverage if we are not familiar with your work.
- A separate form must be completed for each person from your organization.
- Due to capacity, we reserve the right to limit the number of media passes issued per organization.
- Credentials are not transferable.
- Freelance writer/photographer applications will not be considered without an official letter from the editor of the publication/media outlet confirming that it has retained you for a specific assignment to cover the festival, review a concert and produce a story or photo coverage.
- Credentials are not provided to representatives from aggregator web sites.
- Requests from bloggers are reviewed on a one-by-one basis but are generally not approved unless the blogger is employed and has a confirmed assignment by a recognized media outlet.
- We do not accept requests from photographer srs not on assignment from a recognized media organization. We do not provide access to photographers for personal, website or spec work.
- Due to capacity, we cannot issue media credentials to family members of media, or members of the media who work in sales, production or other non-reporter/photographer/working journalist roles.
- Media and Photo Credentials provide access to all 13 Club Pass venue shows. Access is first come, first served. In most venues there are no reserved seats for media. Please arrive early if you want to get in. A limited number of seats for media are held up to 10 minutes before show time in Hatch Hall. After that, the seats are released.
- Media Credentials do not provide access to Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre headliner shows. If you wish to cover those shows with guaranteed seating, you can purchase seats through our online ticketing system. If capacity exists on the day of show, we will make available a limited number of complimentary seats for working media only at shows that are not sold out. Please note your request to cover a headliner show with your application and if space allows you will be issued a separate ticket. Seating cannot be guaranteed for some shows.
- Photo Credentials may grant access to headliner shows at Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre in a designated location only for the designated number of songs allowed by the artist. Please make your request in advance. Only a limited number of media photographers can be accommodated. All requests MUST go through the festival PR team. Requests to individual artists' management or publicists will NOT be honored.