Our 19th Edition Festival will not take place June 19-27 due to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. We are working to reschedule the festival for fall 2020. Stay tuned!
The group is open to members from middle school age on up. The members play alongside "musical mentors" - many of whom are professional musicians and/or educators. All the mentors are there because of their commitment to creating a fun and encouraging learning and performing environment.
The "All In" style means the audience is All In too! The group plays music that combines the improvisation and communication of the modern New Orleans brass bands with Rochester's legendary drum corps sizzle. There is nothing like this anywhere.
Musical repertoire inspired by Trombone Shorty, Rebirth Brass Band, and Lucky Chops
The band plays at community events and charities and brings a fun, upbeat style that promotes a sense of connectedness with the audience.
Since its founding in 2016, the group has provided music for many local causes and the young members learn about the causes by having the organizers give presentations to the group after they play.
Local organizations the band has proudly and humbly assisted:
- The MS Walk (National Multiple Sclerosis Society)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation One Walk
- American Cancer Society – Relay For Life
- Honor Flight Rochester Ultimate Brasstacular Benefit Concert
- Al Sigl Center Walkabout
- Cornell Cooperation Extension Fundraiser
- The Parkinson's Foundation of Rochester
- Lifetime Care Hospice Services
- And many more neighborhood and community events such as Rochester's Lilac Festival and Park Avenue Festival